Applying to the Department
The official deadline to submit all application materials is Thursday, December 29, 2016 for the class entering Fall 2017.
In addition to the formal application, prospective students are required to submit:
- TOEFL scores (for international students only)
- GRE scores (subject tests are not required) *Please note the GRE code for Emory is 5187
- An unofficial transcript from institutions attended must be uploaded with application (Official transcripts are required after acceptance)
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- A twenty-page writing sample which can be submitted in one sample of twenty pages or two samples of ten pages. At least one sample should be submitted in English.
- Personal Statement
We highly encourage students to use the online application, but if mailing materials, please address to:
Department of Comparative Literature
N101 Callaway Center
Atlanta, GA 30322
The Comparative Literature website archives past courses with course descriptions, events organized by faculty and graduate students, and faculty listings. The faculty listing offers an idea of faculty interests and strengths to assist prospectives in planning their research at Emory. If you would like to print an expanded version of this information, please view the CPLT Pamphlet.
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to the department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (404) 727-7994.